Carb Cycling 40-Day Fat Loss
Below are the recipes for the Carb Cycling 40-Day Lifestyle Plan. If you missed the detailed plan with tips, tricks, and meal plans for this, take a peek here: 40-Day Carb Cycling Plan
Meal 1: 1 Whole Egg & 3 Egg White, Omelette:
If you are not concerned with cholesterol, eat 3-4 eggs. I don’t have high cholesterol. I eat 3-4 eggs every day.
- 3-4 Eggs
- Onions: red or green if possible
- Peppers, zucchini, squash, spinach, Kale, tomatoes, or any other veggies you desire.
Instructions: I like to place olive oil in my pan and then stir in the cut up veggies until slightly browning. Then I add my eggs right to the pan and scramble them up altogether. Saves time and there is one less pan to clean.
* Try scrambling eggs and add a side of chopped broccoli and zucchini to add more volume to this meal.
Meal 2: Garlic Lime Chicken Marinade (do this the night before and take for lunch)
- 1⁄4cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4cup olive oil
- 1tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 3-5 Chicken Breasts Instructions:
Instructions: Put all ingredients together besides the chicken. Set 2T of the marinade aside to use as dressing. Marinate the chicken for at least 15-30 minutes.
Grill or bake chicken until cooked through.
Put a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 400 degrees. Remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade) and arrange skin side up, without crowding, in a shallow baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Roast until just cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes.
Top salad with chicken, avocado, and any remaining dressing.
Meal 4: Steak Salad with Oil and Vinegar Dressing
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or a more neutral-flavored oil like grapeseed, canola, or vegetable)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar (or balsamic, apple cider, rice, sherry, or other wine vinegar)
- Pinch of kosher salt.
- A turn of freshly ground black pepper.
- 3 oz. Top Sirloin
Any Salad Veggies from the approved list.
Instructions: Season steak with salt and pepper, then grill until cooked to desired doneness. Top salad with steak, veggies of your choosing and Oil & Vinegar Dressing.
Meal 4: Stir Fry with Steak, Chicken, or Fish (Soy Sauce Substitute)
For best flavor, do this the night before needed.
Soy Sauce Substitute:
- ¾ cup vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 Tablespoons dark molasses
- 3 teaspoons onion powder
Instructions: Heat vinegar slightly. Pour over peeled and sliced garlic cloves to taste. Let stand overnight, strain and discard garlic. In a glass jar, combine 3/4 cup garlic vinegar with molasses and onion powder. Refrigerate and use as needed. Warm and shake well before using. Lasts about 1 month refrigerated.
Meal 1: Fluffy Oatmeal Pancakes
- 1 1⁄2cups rolled oats
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Instructions: Put oats in a blender or food processor and blend about one minute, or until ground to a flour consistency. Combine oat flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl; mix well. Combine egg, milk, and vanilla in a small bowl and mix well. Stir liquid mixture into dry mixture; mix until just moist. Allow to sit 5 minutes.
Heat a nonstick large skillet or griddle over medium heat. When hot, pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on the surface of the pancake. Turn over and cook until lightly browned.
Make a few days worth of pancakes in advance. Count how many pancakes you make in one serving and freeze one serving together in a zip top bag. Pop in the toaster when you’re ready to eat!
Meal 4: Ginger Glazed Fish
- Salt to taste
- Optional: 1ts soy sauce
Ingredients for Meal:
- Ginger glaze
- regular tilapia, mahi-mahi or any white fish,
- 8-10 pecans
- Steam any veggies from the approved list.
Instructions: Place fish in a baking dish with marinade and top with salt and pepper. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes or more. Heat coconut oil in a pan over med/high heat. Fry the fish for 4-6 minutes on each side, turning once until it flakes easily.
You can also grill the fish on the bbq until cooked through. Pour remaining marinade into pan and heat to boiling to make a glaze. Drizzle 1 T. glaze and sprinkle pecans over the fish and veggies.
Meal 5 (or Pre Workout): Chocolate Coconut Fudge (can meal prep the night prior)
- Chocolate protein (1 scoop)
- 1 ½ t. coconut oil
- melted ¼ t. cocoa
- sweetener to taste
Instructions: Stir together protein, coconut oil, cocoa, and sweetener to taste. Add 1-2 T. of water ½ T at a time until it’s brownie batter consistency. Freeze for 2 hours. Thaw for 20 minutes before eating!
Meal 2: Buffalo Chicken (meal prep night prior)
- Chicken 3-5 breasts
- Brown rice cooked (1/2 c.)
- Avocado (1/8 medium)
- Buffalo Chicken Sauce Recipe below
Instructions: Pre cook rice according to the package. Either marinade or pour Buffalo Sauce on the chicken before baking. Combine all ingredients along with any steamed veggies you’d like. Season with sea salt and pepper. If you don’t like buffalo sauce, see the recipe for an alternate flavoring.
Buffalo Chicken Sauce:
- 16 tablespoons (1 cup or 8 ounces) unsalted grass-fed butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder or 2-3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 1/3 cups hot sauce, like Frank’s
Melt butter in a medium pan over medium-low heat until melted. Remove pan from the heat to prevent the sauce from breaking. Whisk in the garlic powder and hot sauce until a thicker sauce forms about 1 minute. Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 1 month — mason jars are great for this.
*Using chilled sauce: Since there is butter in the sauce, it will thicken when refrigerated. To use, give the thickened sauce a good stir then spoon out what you need into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 10 to 15 seconds then stir or whisk until the sauce comes back together.
Meal 5: Maple Nut Fudge
- 2 cups smooth, pecan butter, almond butter, or peanut butter
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
Meal 2: Honey Lime Dressing: to pour over baked or shredded chicken
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup grapeseed or canola oil (or other preferred mild tasting oil)
Instructions: In a blender. Add everything except the 2 oils to the blender and mix until combined. With the blender running, add the oils in a thin stream through the hole in the blender lid. Blend until well mixed.
–In a bowl. Whisk together everything except the 2 oils. Continue whisking while adding the oils in a thin stream. Keep whisking until well combined
Meal 2 Option: Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 2 tablespoons sour cream or crema
- Juice of 1 lemon wedge
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- Pinch onion powder
- Pinch salt and fresh ground black pepper
Instructions: Combine everything together in a bowl and whisk.
Meal 3: No Bake Protein Bars
- 1 cup of old-fashioned oats
- 2 scoops of chocolate or vanilla protein powder – sweetened with stevia only
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds or milled flax seeds
- ½ cup of milk or water
- 1 cup of natural peanut butter – no sugar added
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 2 ts olive oil
- 2-5 chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Natural soy sauce or steak sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Tb honey – organic and raw