Okay, so this weight loss company “Strip The Fat” put together these obesity statistics and I thought I would share…shocking, I might add…but not surprising.
- 64 percent of people in the US are overweight
- 48% of people in Europe are overweight
- 27% of Americans are classified as obese
- Obesity is responsible for 325,000 deaths every year
- Obesity cost an estimated $75 billion in 2003 because of it’s long and expensive treatment
- 300 million people worldwide are obese
- 750 million people worldwide are overweight
- Weight loss market forecast to hit $61 billion by 2008
- Spending on Hoodia Gordonii expected to surpass $750 million in sales
- 400,000 deaths each year may be attributed to obesity
Thought you might enjoy these statistics. I love looking at them and comparing them. I am trying to get my hands on more. Let me know if you find more as well.