//www.youtube.com/get_player I had to share this cute video of my son practicing for Football. He is lifting his (much smaller sister) to achieve a good chest workout.
Kids now a days are either in a sport or activity most days of the week, or they are in front of technology for a better part of the day. I know, I know. Not ALL kids follow this formula, but you have to admit, most do.
There are creative ways we can set our kids up for a fun fitness session, or an interactive sibling boot camp. Try some of these fun approaches to a good workout – together:
- Have one lift another (like the video)
- Try having them race to a nearby landmark – stop sign, next driveway, park, etc. Have them pick up a pine cone and run back.
- Have them leap frog in the grass, log roll down a hill, jump over each other, etc.
- Have them race each other while doing crab walks, bear crawls, bunny hops or on all fours.
- Who can do the most in 30 seconds?
- Pushups, sit ups, crunches, tricep dips, plank holds, curl ups – pull ups, hopping on one leg – then the other, etc.
These are just a few to get started. Try them out with your kids, grand kids or even your neighbors kids to get them interactive in their health.